Click the icon above to download a PDF of my resume.
B.A., Journalism and Mass Communication/ Public Relations Sequence
Minor in Hispanic Studies Degree – May 2015
Dean’s List, Fall 2014, Spring 2015
Development Associate – (2015 – Present)
- Responsible for writing proposals for grants and debt investments to banks and foundations up to $1 million each.
- Positioned organizational strengths in messaging to fit the unique needs of each funder.
- Planned and executed an annual fundraising campaign and event for 225 people: served as liaison between organization, venue, sponsors and speakers. Planned and executed an annual event with workshops and luncheon for 300, including elected government officials and bank executives in a partnership with the NC District Small Business Administration.
- Built and maintained relationships with contacts at local, statewide and national organizations for funding and partnerships.
Public Relations and Policy Research Intern – (2014 – 2015)
- Created a small business fact sheet that analyzed the need for and impact of small businesses in North Carolina that was targeting state legislators and funders to make investments in the company.
- Published weekly blog posts on company website (thesupportcenter-nc.org/blog) covering topics affecting small business owners including the economy, unemployment and policy changes.
Public Relations Intern – (2014)
- Used Qualtrics software and phone interviews to survey the targeted population, including readers and non-readers, to evaluate the awareness and comprehension of the brand.
- Synthesized survey and interview results to determine ways to clarify the brand messaging, to improve awareness and to expand readership and engagement.
- Collaborated with classmates to create visual and written content for the magazine to be used in its rebrand.
- Made recommendations to the WALTER’s executives and funders for repositioning WALTER to its key audiences in an effort to rebrand the magazine and expand its readership.
Rebranding Team Member – (2014)
- Participated in a rebranding campaign on the public relations team that the class created for the UNC School of Journalism and Mass Communication to use as they transition into the School of Media and Journalism in July 2015. Elements of our proposal were selected and used during the rebrand. http://uncmj.com
Staff Writer – (2013)
- Developed story ideas that would interest students at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Contributed ideas during group meetings to discuss the content of this weekly paper.
Public Relations Intern – (2013)
- Researched biofeedback and neurofeedback to improve brand transparency and user comprehension.
- Wrote a feature on a family that was positively affected by New Mentality’s services.
- Helped develop and maintain New Mentality’s overall brand and online presence.
Server and Hostess – (2010 – 2012)
- Interacted with customers and coworkers to facilitate a smooth dining experience.
- Took orders, served meals, set and cleared tables and handled monetary exchanges.
Public Relations Director – (2014 – 2015)
- Created messaging strategy for the student-run nonprofit that was used on all social media accounts, including the blog and interactions with the local media.
Organization Member – (2013 – 2014)
- Help raise money to send to villages in need of support in underprivileged areas.
- Recruited members and other students to participate in fundraisers for the organization.
Service-Learning Intern – (2013)
- Wrote press releases, fact sheets and public service announcements in UNC’s Public Relations Writings course.
- Developed a frequently asked questions page for patients and translated it into Spanish for patients that speak Spanish.
Assistant Operations and Logistics Chair – (2013)
- Helped raise more than $7,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Planned and oversaw the efforts to set up and run the event and clean up the event.
- Organized security, fencing and volunteers for the event.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media applications.
- Used the combination of all social media sites to spread awareness for and to promote events for philanthropy.
- Intermediate ability to read, write, and speak Spanish.